Legal and Finiancial Information
The Haiti Nursing Foundation (HNF) was incorporated in the state of Michigan on February 8, 2005. Nonprofit 501(c)(3) status was granted by the IRS retroactive to the same date.
Form 990 Submissions
HNF’s 990 filings to date are available for download in PDF format at GuideStar. After completing a simple registration form online, you will be able to view information from any nonprofit registered with GuideStar. (Forms 990 are tax returns for nonprofits.)
HNF's Financial Snapshot 2007-2016
Donations to Haiti Nursing Foundation
Donor gifts are tax deductible as allowed by law. Through HNF, your contributions support nursing education in Haiti, with a major focus on the FSIL nursing school (Faculty of Nursing Science of the Episcopal University of Haiti) located in Léogâne, Haiti. Donations are subject to the control and discretion of HNF.
What information we collect
HNF collects and uses personal information from donors that includes: amount donated, address, telephone number, donor comments and email address. Tax laws in the United States require HNF to keep contact information and contribution level of donors on file.
How we use that information
- Distribute receipts for donations
- Thank donors for their donation
- Inform donors about upcoming fundraising and other activities of HNF
- Internal analysis and record keeping
- Required reporting to relevant U.S. and State agencies
How we respect your privacy
We take your privacy as seriously as we take our own. That's why:
- We will not send you unsolicited correspondence.
- At your request, we will remove you from our lists, assuming you give us the correct address.
- We will never sell or give away names or contact information of our subscribers or anyone else with whom we correspond, without their permission.
- From time to time, we may ask you for permission to use your name and contact information for a specific purpose. We will only act on that with your permission.